Friday, June 6, 2008

The Notebook

For those of you that haven't read my profile or early posts, I'm a fan of author Nicholas Sparks. I didn't expect to enjoy his romances as much as I do. I never read Harlequin romances or those sort of books as I have no interest in them. I started by reading Sparks' first book, The Notebook, which I absolutely loved. It's a fabulous introduction to his bestselling romance novels, which are well written, believable, love stories with poignant endings. After reading The Notebook, I hesitated to read other books by Nicholas Sparks--frankly I didn't think they'd be as good as The Notebook--but then gradually found and read several others by him. They're all first-rate romances! I'm ready to pack my bags and move to--or at least visit--North Carolina, the setting for most of Sparks' NY Times bestsellers.

Here's a list of books written by Nicholas Sparks, with the dates they were published:
  1. A Bend in the Road (2001)
  2. A Walk to Remember (1999)
  3. At First Sight (2005)
  4. Dear John (2006)
  5. Message in a Bottle (1998)
  6. Nights in Rodanthe (2002)
  7. The Choice (2007)
  8. The Guardian (2003)
  9. The Notebook (1996)
  10. The Rescue (2000)
  11. The Wedding (2003)
  12. Three Weeks With My Brother (2004)
  13. True Believer (2005)
I've read all of these except for The Choice and The Rescue. According to Nicholas Sparks' website, he has a new book in the works, The Lucky One (due Sept. 2008). Three of his books have been made into movies, The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, and A Walk to RememberNights in Rodanthe will be released as a feature film in September 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make this site lively! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I value each one, and will respond to questions.

If you're entering a giveaway, please leave your e-mail address (or a link that leads to it).









Some of the books featured here were given to me free of charge by authors, publishers, and agents. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

BLOG ARCHIVE

Blog header by Held Design

Powered By Blogger