Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Miscellanous Musings














Last month, I was honored by two new awards from fellow book bloggers. Cathy from One eyed stuffed bunny and. . . gave me a B-I-N-G-O Award, while Mel from The Reading Life gave me a Lemonade Award. Thanks, Cathy and Mel! I'm honored by these awards and display them on my blog (at least for the time being--if I get many more, I may need to keep them in a separate post). I'm not distributing any awards today because I know far too many deserving blogs, but please feel free to "steal" these awards and give them out if you desire.

Today I found out that I won a copy of The Blue Star from Laura's Reviews. Many thanks to Laura and the Hatchette Book Group--I can't wait to read this book!

Until late August, I'd resisted joining any organized reading challenges. I noticed that several bloggers, including Amanda from The Zen Leaf, Mel from The Reading Life, and Mee from Books of Mee, seemed to do a lot of challenges. To make up for lost time, I joined four reading challenges: Rebecca's Spice of Life, Belleza's third Japanese Literature Challenge, Carl V.'s R.I.P. IV, and Jennie's China Challenge. These challenges are not overly ambitious for me. I've already completed the Spice of Life challenge at the level of A Taste.

My friend, Laura, just started a blog about the process of writing a screenplay, called aptly, Screenplay 101. Please stop by her blog to welcome her when you have a moment!


Update, 5:00 PM: Laura from Laura's Reviews just gave me three more awards, which now adorn my blog: a Super Comments Award, a Superior Scribbler Award, and a Zombie Chicken Award.














Wow! I am triply honored! Amanda from The Zen Leaf commented that the Zombie Chicken Award is too cool to not give to others. Nor do I wish to risk the wrath of zombie chickens by not not sharing this grand award, officially described below:
"The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken-- excellence, grace, and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all."
I hereby bestow this prestigious award upon the following blogs:


Congratulations to each of you!

19 comments:

  1. http://lauragerold.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-awards.html

    I have some awards for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're learning the joy of challenges a bit. :)

    Usually, I don't give away awards (with the exception of the zombie chicken, which is too cool not to pass out). I try to spotlight the blog that gave it to me (an idea shamelessly stolen from Shelley and Chain Reading). That way I can say thanks to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Laura! A book and TWO awards on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suko,

    Congrats on your awards, and thank you so so much for thinking of me :) Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suko-thanks so much for the Zombie Chicken Award and congratulations on your awards-all well deserved-I will post the award with pride on
    my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your awards! And Thank You for the Zombie Chicken Award -- I am honored and grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww.. you are so sweet!! Thanks and congrats on all your awards!!

    I'm doing the RIP IV challenge too for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Suko! Thanks for the award. I am happy to display things that make my readers go awww... and also, huh? A Zombie Chicken award should do BOTH!
    Have a great day!
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the awards suko, they are well deserved :O)
    and enjoy The Blue Star.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much, Zibilee, S. Krishna, and Naida.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your many awards! And, thank you for the Zombie Chicken - I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the book and awards. You are obviously touching a lot of people in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Look at all the awards. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Warren and Bermuda Onion. I should have given out more Zombie Chicken Awards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You deserve them all Suko! You are the best! Thank you for passing this along! Thank you!
    Congrats on winning a book! it is an amazing feeling innit!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Veens, thank you so much. You are too nice!:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make this site lively! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I value each one, and will respond to questions.

If you're entering a giveaway, please leave your e-mail address (or a link that leads to it).









Some of the books featured here were given to me free of charge by authors, publishers, and agents. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

BLOG ARCHIVE

Blog header by Held Design

Powered By Blogger